Wednesday, January 4, 2012

...Calender

I can't believe it is 2012 already. That totally snuck up on me. Last year, I created a calendar on snapfish of some photos I took during my travels around the US and Europe. I meant to make another one for christmas gifts but the time just got away from me.  Luckily, a few days ago a coupon for 50% off calendars popped up in my gmail inbox. With a snowstorm outside, and a fire roaring a few feet away I sifted through my pictures.

Jackson. Utah. Galway. Point Reyes. Sierras. Wicklow. Kauai. Lots to choose from. It took me a while to whittle down my choices because I kept getting sucked into just looking at each of my past adventures. I had forgotten about the wild chickens and roosters that were running all around Kauai, and the "Ho-Made Pies" sign in one small town halfway between Zion and Bryce National Parks in Utah.

I ended up making two versions, one of Wyoming pictures and one of an assortment of pictures. The Wyoming one has many shots of the Tetons. It's honestly one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the world, mostly because how quickly the sharp peaks rise about the plains and Snake river basin. I mixed in some shots of the Aspens and horses too.
The assorted album is a selection of landscapes from places I've visited the past two years. I had some other good shots of buildings in Ireland and candids of people but decided to keep it au natural this time around. My reasoning for that was partly selfish; I wanted a slice of nature on the kitchen wall to stare up at each day while we are here in Cleveland. (Which some might call the anti-california).

Once I selected the pictures, I played around with the backgrounds. There are a lot of "styles" to choose from, many with cutesy drawings all over them. But I stuck with some plain solid colors so that the photos would stand out by themselves. After a few hours, I hit the order button. Can't wait to get the final product in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment