Tuesday, October 25, 2011

...coffee

i. love. coffee.

the smell of the beans, the taste, the caffeine buzz. nothing's better on a blistering summer day than a cup of iced coffee, and nothing warms the core like a cup of hot joe when the winter winds are whipping around outside.

I wish i could say that I remember my first cup, but alas, such a transforming memory is lost. I know it occurred somewhere around my junior year of high school. Until that point I was a tea drinker. My mother grew up in Ireland, so naturally her kids had tea growing up. Not just any tea mind you - irish breakfast tea with milk and 2 sugars. but then.... i found coffee.


yes, this substance is the first thing I grab in the morning and depending on the day, midmorning, afternoon, after dinner. I'm an addict.

now I take my coffee seriously. not any ol cup of joe will do if I have any say about it. Dunkin donuts is for the weak. And no thank you to sugar and creamer. Occasionally I'll indulge in a bit of soy milk. But I prefer it black. Better to taste the beans :) My current fav? Philz' Ambrosia. Philz is a San Francisco based company. If you visit any of their fine locations (my first trip was in teh Mission; but the Palo Alto one was much closer) they will make you your cup just for you. Yup, their motto isn't one cup at a time for nuthin. D an I love their beans so much we have it shipped to us in Cleveland each month. Yum.

Runners up? Peet's Major D and Cleveland's Phoenix Coffee.

Damnit writting about this is making me thirsty. Time to turn on the kettle.

No comments:

Post a Comment